Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Data, Data, Data


Everything we do in our ESL program, we do because of data. ISTEP data, MAPS data, LAS Links data, STAR data, and on and on and on I could go! Here's one where we have two years of LAS Levels, their current LAS Reading levels, and two years of each ISTEP test. (Of course, I've deleted the students' names and ID #s.) In this particular spreadsheet (Imelda's making me an Excel freak!), students highlighted in blue are doing above average work; green-average; yellow-a tad below (keep an eye on them); and red-in trouble!

It's such a process, but it's so very interesting to watch students as they progress in one area and how that affects every other area. Actually, the organizing/analyzing part of my brain enjoys this facet of my job very highly!

I've said it before and I'll never take it back: being a teacher is about so much more than just teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment